Re: Where Does Buster Store Packages with Synaptic Download packages files only Command

On Monday, April 12, 2021 10:20:39 PM David wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 at 04:47, Stephen P. Molnar <s.molnar@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
> > I admit that this is probably a silly question, but Google has not been
> > a friend.
>
> This is quite puzzling, because my experience is quite different.
>
> > When I check Download packages only in Synaptic which directory is the
> > destination?
>
> When I typed "synaptic download where"
> into a google search, this 2012 answer was the first result:
> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/40686/where-do-the-deb-files-go-wh
> en-i-select-download-only-in-synaptic-package-man
>
> The search same result was obtained using the exact text above as
> the google search string:
> "When I check Download packages only in Synaptic which directory is
> the destination"
>
> I hardly ever use google as a search engine. I wonder: does google give
> me different results because I use gmail on so many linux-related mailing
> lists?
>
> I guess to answer that question, I should be asking people who do NOT
> use this mailing list what results they see for the same experiment :)

I am 95% positive that Google's search results depend on what they know about
you and your search habits, email content, ....

Some google search results as data points:

Note: I'm surprised that my results (from google) were the same for the long
string with and without quotes -- well, I mean the first result was the same --
with quotes there were only two results, without quotes there were a lote
more.

search string

first result

[synaptic download where]