Re: cannot mount smartphone anymore

Hi,

12 juin 2021, 21:54 de moasenwood@zoho.eu:

> deloptes wrote:
>
>>> "Device is not authorized for usage", that's probably the
>>> problem, right?
>>>

>> google says in context of Ubuntu - USBGuard the package is
>> also in debian - could be you have it installed?
>>

> I did, and when I removed it, it works again!

Removing usbguard is maybe a drastic decision, isn't?
Or maybe you don't want this package anymore for other reasons?

Otherwise, you could just add a rule authorizing your device to connect:

sudo usbguard append-rule 'allow id XXXX:XXXX serial "XXXX" name "XXXX" hash "XXXX" parent-hash "XXXX" with-interface XX:XX:XX'

sudo usbguard list-devices
will tell you the correct parameters (of course usbguard must be running and your device connected/blocked).

Best regards,
l0f4r0