Re: When does a Terminal/System create New child Processes (forks), and when it doesn't

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 04:35:33PM +0530, Susmita/Rajib wrote:
> Namaste, my illustrious List leaders and senior members,
>
> I had already asked my question here:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2021/06/msg00423.html
>
> But i guess that owing to my continuing with a SOLVED thread i wasn't
> able to draw attention.
>
> Please post your replies on the above thread. I shall post a summary
> here while acknowledging your comments and mark it solved.
>
> I asked the question to restrict making multiple forks and  reduce
> memory/processor load.
>
> The screensaver code here:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2021/06/msg00309.html
> be saved as ssvr.sh executable.
>
> Best.
>
> Rajib
> Etc.

Hello Rajib,

I think this was dealt with on the other thread. From me, here: Please DO NOT
keep referring back to Debian forums. This is not helpful to those of us
actually using the mailing lists to keep track of things.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater