Re: OT: Music player with substantial speakers than can play things like mp3, wav files from an SD card or USB pendrive

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 07:50:44PM -0400, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
I'd like to find a fairly large (I mean not a tiny hand held thing that uses
batteries and has tiny controls) music player that can play things like mp3,
wav and other music files from either an SD card or a USB pendrive.

I recommend a TASCAM recorder or a TASCAM CD player (CD200-SB has SD
and USB inputs).

I'd prefer to be able to plug it in to a 120vac power source (ie., not use
batteries) and have at least one of:

  * fairly large speakers for good sound

Use powered monitors; Presonus Eris E3.5 work well ($100/pair from
Sweetwater).

  * output jack for headphones

Built-in on TASCAM units.
  * outputs that can connect to a "standard" audio amplifier / speaker setup

Spend the additional money (very little) for balanced output (two
wires plus ground), to have the ability to make a hum-free connection
to other balanced gear.  Balanced gear can also connect to unbalanced
(RCA) gear.  Balanced gear uses a XLR connector or a 3-conductor 1/4
inch phone plug for each channel.

(There are things that would be nice to have, like if I'm playing music from
an SD with 100 or more songs, it can remember where I left off when I turned it
off and start from the next song when I power it on).

Standard on the above.

RLH