ISO to external SSD

Hi again.
This is an unusual question &/or project, maybe utterly stupid, maybe temporary:
I bought a 1 TB external SSD (Intenso) for later commercial use -in my company.
Meanwhile I want to use it for something else: To burn an entire Debian distro on it.
I guess it`ll be more than enough space to let it stay afterwards. Points of doing it:
1. After the Big job is done, less time to lose each time a program is needed.
2. More security that necessary software is available, even if software is off internet

Any advice, suggestions, or thoughts in this matter? Is it not new at all, just trivial?
BR,
Geg.