[OFFTOPIC] Fun with pv and broken drive (was: `pv` rates)

Stefan Monnier [2021-08-02 15:09:38] wrote:
> E.g. the average has moved up to ~80kB/s since my last message).

For your entertainment: I managed to bring the average rate up to about
1MB/s by running `lvs` in a loop at the same time (and that let me see
occasionally a transfer rate around 10MB/s).

I have no idea what it is that makes `lvs`s interference
so beneficial.  I tried a few other operations (like `du`, and `dd`) but
to no avail.

Without any interference from `lvs` I get a long term average slightly
below 100kB/s.

        Stefan