Re: losetup: cannot find an unused loop device , kernel config of loopback device

Hi,

Colin Williams:
> 3) When trying to create the loopback device the script tries to use a
> path
> /mnt/host/src/rc/build/images/kukui/R94-14125.0.2021_08_05_1510-a1/chromiumos_base_image.bin
> which does not exist

The error message of losetup does not match this theory.

Did you make sure that the file really does not exist when the losetup
command fails ?
E.g. by performing
  ls -ld "${image}"
immediately before
  lb_dev=$(sudo losetup --show -f "$@" "${image}")

> Let me know if I need to re-read your email.

Is there a hard reason why you don't show the output of

  losetup -l -a

before, after, and maybe during the script run ?

(I'm not alone with this proposal. See
 which was not Cd'ed to you.
)

Have a nice day :)