Re: Jessie iceweasel: This Connection is Untrusted

On Fri, Oct 01, 2021 at 12:22:10PM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> > Honestly - I'd suggest disconnecting the machine from the Internet until
> > you are able to upgrade it - it's far enough out of support that it's now
> > ELTS.
> > I'd suggest that you consider immediate upgrade if you can

I assume Thomas knows pretty well what he's doing. He'd know much
better than me, in any case :-)

[...]

> So any cool sysadmin trick would be welcome, which does not change more
> than necessary on this time-frozen system.

If I've understood you correctly, you only have to do with a limited
set of sites. If this set is limited enough, you could perhaps look
up the root CAs certifying those (using a browser in a more modern
place), export them, and import them in your patient's browser.

It is excruciatingly manual (that's how browsers like their users,
but I disgress), but for a few sites (or just as a proof of concept,
to make sure a sprinkling of root CAs might solve your problem at
all) it might be useful.

> Have a nice day :)

Love your sig :)

Cheers