Re: Wrong libvirt version in bullseye installation

On Lu, 07 feb 22, 14:34:20, Gary L. Roach wrote:
> I have been trying to get a cleen copy of qemu/kvm installed but when I try
> to install qemu-system I get:
>
>     libvirt-clients : Depends: libvirt0 (= 7.0.0-3) but 8.0.0-1~bpo11+1 is
> to be installed.
>
>  The same for libvirt-daemon and some others. Version 7.0.0.3 is listed as
> the version used in Bullseye. The 8.0.0-1 version is used in the testing
> version. I have gone through my sources.list files and can not find the
> reason libvirt is trying to be loaded from the testing depository. Could
> anyone help? I have tried clearing the /var/cache files. That didn't help.

In addition to what others wrote, it's very useful to check the output
of 'apt policy' and 'apt policy <package>', because they are a better
indicator of how APT is configured (e.g. did you remember to check for
other files under /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and any pins?).

Kind regards,
Andrei