Re: Memory leak

On Friday 11 February 2022 11:06:01 am Celejar wrote:
> I seem to have a serious memory leak on my system (Lenovo W550s) - the
> memory usage seems to slowly but more or less steadily keep increasing.
>
> This is a more or less normal (I think) desktop installation of Sid,
> running Xfce4. Typical applications used are Firefox (currently with
> just one extension: uBlock Origin), LibreOffice Writer, Sylpheed, Xfce4
> Terminal, and Liferea, all from the official repos.

I have noticed similar behavior here,  and the culprit seems to be firefox.  If I ignore it things get sluggish, and then the machine starts to thrash,  until the only recourse is the power switch.  If I notice it in time,  close firefox and restart it,  the memory used after I do that is significantly less than it was before.

Somewhere in their help or documentation they even say that you shouldn't leave it running for extended periods of time.

I wish they'd fix it!

-
M Dakin