Re: got a mdadm puzzler

On Tuesday, 15 March 2022 15:08:35 EDT Charles Curley wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2022 18:47:52 -0400
>
> gene heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> > And I am beginning to think in terms of a mobo problem, the bios is
> > only seeing the cpu bus a .9 something volts, and the cpu fan at 721
> > rpm, but nothing else and gkrellm isn't even seeing any of that.
>
> I don't know what CPU voltages are these days (the last I knew, they
> were 3.2), but if that is low (see your motherboard manual to be sure),
> that could be a power supply problem.

Its been that low since this mobo was installed along with a 6 core i5
that has never warmed up its heat sink, even when gkrellm says all cores
are flat out at 4.3 ghz, normal, just doing the kmail imap dl stuff is
800 mhz.  So, I don't think thats too unusual for this board and cpu
combo.  And the voltages I have measured, 5 and 12 on a drive connector,
are a small amount north of dead on, like the 5 volts is 5.09, and 12
volts is 12.11. So based on gut, plus I'm a CET (altho my billfold card
attesting to that is now 50 years old, I sat for that in '72), I think
the psu is fine yet.

> --
> Does anybody read signatures any more?
>
> https://charlescurley.com