Re: Firewall blocking my new Debian 11 server ports 80 and 443

On Wed, Jun 1, 2022 at 11:21 john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:

> when does it actually start operating? Does it do so then, or does it take
> a reboot?

Apparently, if you 'enable' 'ufw', it will start and be enabled at boot.

Good, thanks.

According to (1), ufw should work with nftables, I did not follow the
reasoning on why to use iptables but only if you have issues use legacy
iptables.

Well, the guidance I got was varying. In my mind, Il Ka seemed to be the most well-informed and understanding of my specific needs, and I went with his recommendations. He was upfront about why he stayed with iptables, and I also favor that view. Based on my experience upgrading Debian since version 4, I know I don't like to jump on new stuff right away, but expect to have to eventually.

-Tom