Re: upgraded dddprint, my 3d printer driver today, to bullseye, but its main job isn't working.

On Saturday, 4 June 2022 11:37:34 EDT mick crane wrote:
> On 2022-06-04 16:13, gene heskett wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> >> From firmware 11-3 netinstall. On a Dell with an i5 and 16Gigs of
> >> memory.
> >
> > 2nd machine I've bullseye'd. Half a T SSD drive, your basic one pony
> > show.
> >
> > 1. It can't access the 3d printer, but shows it as /dev/ttyACM0 in
> > dmesg.
> > cura-5.0 isn't too voluable about why. How do I set that up? Worked
> > fine
> > on buster, for older cura.
>
> bearing in mind I don't know what I'm doing,
> in
> https://www.debian.org/releases/bullseye/amd64/release-notes/ch-upgradi
> ng.en.html it says you can type "dpkg --audit"
> To see the status of packages. Dunno if that is helpful.
>
> mick

But now I have bigger problem. Screen blanker kicked in, turned off the
monitor and nothing I can do from its own buttons, or from several
powerdown reboots, will bring it back to life. but machine is fine, I'm
ssh'd into it, and have it mounted by sshfs as if its normal.

And this is even weirder, I came in here to compose this message, and
went back to it, and its alive again, but would not accept my login pw
until I had clicked on my name, erased it and 2 blanks in front of it,
then entered my pw twice.  This is lightdm for xfce. I did fix the
printer access by adding me to the dialout group. And it looks like the
printer is working.

But whats with lightdm?
Better yet, where is the blanker configurer?  I don't see any likely
culprits in the applications menu's.

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)