Re: Debian live iso on usb returns grub

Thomas Schmitt ha scritto il 17/08/22 alle 20:53:>
I really wonder what on your system can confuse GRUB, so that it does not
get to the file /boot/grub/grub.cfg of the ISO which contains the menu
items which i see with qemu.

Well, looks like it's not only that system, which for the record is an Asus laptop. Now i tried the same usb key on another laptop, Toshiba, and it doesn't boot at all; at least the Asus returned the Grub command line.

So i tried putting the image in the key using Rufus on windows and it works! I suspect that the guide i was using (i don't remember where i found it) was misleading me as it said to copy the iso on /dev/sdb1, while i probably should have copy it to /dev/sdb instead.

Sorry for the noise :)

Massimo Maiurana