Re: Windows on VMware on Deb 11: safely usable?

On Wed, Aug 17, 2022 at 21:39 stepore@gmail.com <stepore@gmail.com> wrote:
On 8/17/22 19:35, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Tom Browder [2022-08-17 05:53:05] wrote:
>> I would love to run Windows on a VM on Debian iff I can have it be reliable
>> enough to use with reasonable response (no games, just Office 360, IO
>> Drive, H&R Block, and such). I haven't kept up with the VM world but a
>> quick search shows VMware might be a good choice.
>
> Last I had to run a Windows VM I used kvm (aka Qemu) and that worked
> very nicely.  It's easy to install (it's in the Debian repositories),
> very featureful, and used for "real systems" (tho in my case I always
> used it very punctually to run some specific tool only available in
> Windows).

Yep; same. Ran multiple windows vms in kvm (libvirt/qemu). Stable and solid.

So I will try Debian 11's packages "qemu-kvm" and "aqemu" and install Windows 10" as a test on my current main host, but only if I can remove all if I need to and if it will not interfere with my smooth running setup. Is that true?

Note if I proceed and need help, I will start a new thread.

-Tom