Re: Installing Wi-Fi card driver

On 9/11/2022 1:16 PM, Timothy M Butterworth wrote:
On Sun, Sep 11, 2022 at 5:11 AM Mansour zermello <zermano84@yahoo.fr> wrote:

Hi Timothy, i appreciate too much your response, but i already installed
the debian OS, but install the driver of the wifi card that still blur for
me to be honest, i really need to be guided step by step I'm sure I'll
finish by doing it, my wifi car is the : intel 8265NGW

Do you have any working network cards? If you do, you can try this.

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye main contrib non-free
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-updates main contrib non-free

Or in your '/etc/apt/sources.list', you can add on eatch line and after
'main' 'non-free contrib'.

Save Changes "Control+O" , exit Control+X

sudo apt update
sudo apt install firmware-linux-nonfree

You might want to restart/reboot after having installed the firmwares.

Note that you might need to add extra firmware, you will need to look at
the log to see what FW you require.

--
John Doe