Should a serious bug have made in into bullseye 11.5?

Should https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1017944 have
made it into debian 11.5? I thought serious bugs shouldn't make it into
stable?

I'm not sure this should be merely serious, it broke absolutely
everything for me and took me a while to track down.

Although the 'fix' was just to pin the package and downgrade, I ended up
resorting to backups because I had no dhcp, no dns after rebooting.

I wonder how many people have picked this up but not yet realized that
they cannot start new domU other than HVM.

Tim.