Re: systemd: udev coldplug all devices question

On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 01:30:11AM -0400, Chuck Zmudzinski wrote:
bug report to try to fix it, except for the suggestion that a Debian kernel
developer made to increase the uevent buffer size in the kernel over a year
ago and another suggestion from another Debian maintainer or developer who
gave me advice on how to document the problem in the installer so the
problem could be included on the debian installer errata page, which is
why I made the installation report. But the debian installer errata page
also was never updated even though I made that installation report over
six months ago:

One possible issue is that you were told to file a bug against "installation-guide" (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=983357#176) and you instead filed a bug against "installation-reports". Whether the outcome would have been different with the other package I can't say as I don't maintain the installation guide, but it's something to consider.