Re: UEFI refusing NVRAM writes, breaking GRUB install and upgrade

Am 16.09.2022 um 20:19 schrieb vinceh121:
> Is there a way to mitigate this problem?

Apart from the plan, you seem to be favoring, i would like to introduce
another option to you:
(BTW: I used it myself, and still do, while i was learning to
reconfigure to UEFI-Booting)

There is a sort of boot manager, that is perfectly independant from
grub, but can use grub, if desired. i am thinking of refind (is in
debian repos and also available from website by the author of gdisk).

I suggest you take a look as it *might* be able to start independantly
without the necessity to use NVRAM.

just my 2 cents
DdB