Re: Cannot get ssh access to the new Debian server on my local network

On Fri, Jan 13, 2023 at 3:02 PM David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
> Sorry if my suggestion is too obvious, but how about
>   ssh -v -v -v
> and posting some output, rather than us playing guessing games.

Thanks, David, I needed a splash of cold water. It turns out I had put
my public keys on the new host in "$HOME/.ssh/authorized_hosts"
instead of "$HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys". Duh. FUMBLE FINGER

FYI, I have been fighting a regular power failure on the new host for
the last few days and was rushing too much in case the power shut off
during the initial configuration efforts. Thus I KNEW it couldn't be
the setup in the .ssh directory and my previous testing with ssh
hadn't given me a clue about looking in that directory.

All is well now, at least as far as ssh.

Sorry for the wasted bandwidth.

Cheers! And thanks.

-Tom