Re: OpenSolaris Boot Environements equivalent

I still do not understand why,when I remove files on a ZFS disk using commands like (rm and rm -r),the left space does not increase,but it decreases. I would like to know what I can do to free some space if removing files does not work. And I don't understand why a ZFS disk goes fast out of space. This does not happen with an UFS disk. From what I've understood every snapshot created with the ZFS mechanisms contains a full FreeBSD system. Am I right ? Do you confirm this ? If this is true,ZFS is too much space consuming and it will explain why the space will end very fast on the disk. That's not good for sure. Recently I've found a Linux distro called "NixOS" which uses another method to create snapshots. It is based on a large use of sim/soft and hard links to backup different versions of the system libraries. This method is useful when the system is upgraded. I would like to ask you if you would like to see this kind of solution also on FreeBSD. I really want to see the zfs boot menu suggested by Anssi on FreeBSD ! I like it very much ! Do you think it is hard to implement it there ?

Il giorno ven 20 gen 2023 alle ore 14:03 Anssi Saari <as@sci.fi> ha scritto:
Yassine Chaouche <a.chaouche@algerian-radio.dz> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if there was anyone working on an equivalent of OpenSolaris BE?

A quick search came up with https://docs.zfsbootmenu.org/, does that fit
your needs?

--
Mario.