Re: Which Diff tool could I use for visually comparing two text files where Word Wrap is possible?

On Sat, 1 Apr 2023 davidson wrote:
The "colors" are control sequences, instructions for terminal
emulators conforming to a standard. Terminals understand them to mean
"now paint glyphs red" or "now make them bold" or "now stop doing all
that fancy stuff" etc.

Erm, what I meant to say is that the instructions are for conforming
terminals.

And a terminal *emulator* knows what they mean, because it is an
emulator of terminals.

--
Hackers are free people. They are like artists. If they are in a good
mood, they get up in the morning and begin painting their pictures.