Re: Is perl still the No.1 language for sysadmin?

tomas wrote:

>> Put it this way, a novice Python programmer can do more in
>> Python than the novice Lisp programmer can do in Lisp, or,
>> if you will, the same in less time.
>
> I've seen people cutting off part of a door with a bread knife.
>
> If you measure a tool by what a novice can achieve with it,
> then, well, that's some metrics.

Aha, now I understand this, it's a little misunderstanding ...

Yes, that doesn't necessarily translate to what the supposed
expert can do!

But I think it does in most cases and in this case as well I'm
positive, I mean let's keep it real guys, the supposed expert
is just a very skilled programmer, which is impressive but
nothing magical, so yes, I pretty positive it does translate
and ... actually, if anything a really skilled programmer can
use it even more, i.e. devel by a Python expert must
be LIGHTNING!

But it is still very much within bounds of reason both up and
down ...

Okay, guys, enough with the theory here, I'm gonna tell you
the truth right now.

Let's see, Python has much faster devel. Perl is cool for
text, it also belongs to another world. Lisp is like a trippy
language, in theory and in practice its the coolest by far,
_but_ it has slow devel. In terms of time. But the
interactiveness of Lisp like chops the time up? So it's even
slower?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal