Re: processing /etc/sysctl.d

On Thu, May 04, 2023 at 01:22:40PM -0400, Lee wrote:
> OK.. I'll try to figure out how to modify whatever in /etc/NetworkManager

I've been told that Network Manager will ignore any interfaces that
are defined in /etc/network/interfaces.  So the correct way to set up
a static address on that interface would be to add it in /e/n/i and
simply don't touch Network Manager at all.

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto enp1s0
iface enp1s0 inet static
    address 192.168.x.y/24
    # gateway 192.168.x.1      if you need this to be the default route
    up sysctl blah blah blah

Also, having "auto enp1s0" here will tell systemd that this interface
is one that matters, and that this interface needs to be up before it
can activate any services that depend on the "network being up".  I
have no idea how that works with N-M because I've never used N-M.

I can't help you with IPv6.