Re: I installed 11.6

On Fri, May 05, 2023 at 11:27:45PM -0400, Maureen L Thomas wrote:
> I installed debian 11.6 and updated the needed packages to 11.7. I must say
> that I hate upgrading because they change everything and I cannot find the
> utilities I need to make this the way I want it.  Does anyone know which
> utility changes the window settings. Like the X in the upper right hand
> corner.  I want all three items including the - and the box.

Updates should not change any user settings but I take your word for it.
If you have a default install (GNOME DE) to get your Title Bar customized
you will use GNOME Tweaks. In the application menu this shows up just as
"Tweaks". There is a menu item "Window Titlebar" ther you canenable the
minimize and maximize icons and where these re placed (left or right).

HTH
-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com