Re: Logging off an X session closes all ssh -X connections started previously from outside X

On 05/05/2023 12:33, David wrote:
That sounds like what is documented here, with the solution at the end:

$ apt show dbus-user-session

I have tried quite similar steps, it seems the cause is not dbus-user-session per se.

I have a laptop with Debian 11 bullseye and "minimalistic" KDE (originally installed without DE, some packages added later). dbus-user-session is an automatically installed package there.

- ssh -X -n that-laptop firefox
- login from sddm (built-in keyboard and screen)
- logout from KDE session

firefox on remote display is still running, so I can not confirm the issue

ssh remote session:
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:path=/run/user/1001/bus
local KDE session
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:path=/run/user/1001/bus,guid=abcdabcdabcdabcdabcdabcdabcdabcd