Re: repeat of previous question that has gone unansweredseveraltimes.

On 5/8/23 07:49, Brian wrote:
On Mon 08 May 2023 at 00:23:43 -0400, gene heskett wrote:

Brian, I found the secret sauce. Armed with the knowledge that Mike had moved, I found his new site, and found the answer in 5 minutes under the "printer sharing" link. Something is broken when using a client.conf that contains the ServerName directive as it does not work from a hostname file lookup, but does work if the ServerName is the ipv4 address:631

Possibly the result of my system not having a working dhcpd except the relay in the router to my isp's dns.

I think you have said resolv.conf Search directive doesn't work but nsswitch.conf was mentioned and there is a diff between this machine and one of the arms. So what do I put in nsswitch.conf to make cups search the hosts file first?

I think that, with some PEBKAC has been the problem all along.

Thanks Brian, take care & stay well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis