Re: Logging off an X session closes all ssh -X connections started previously from outside X

On Tue, May 09, 2023 at 08:07:26PM +0200, zithro wrote:
> I use Ctrl-D to close ssh sessions, "~." does not work, I get "bash: command
> not found".

To use the tilde commands in the ssh client, they have to be at the
"beginning of a line", which means you have to press Enter first.  Or
at least have the ssh client in a position where it believes you've
pressed Enter recently enough.

For my own sanity, I just think of them as 3-character sequences,
  Enter ~ .  and so on.