Unable to run virsh on bookworm

Hi,

I've installed virt-manager on a Debian bookworm system, and that is working fine. However, when I try to use the libvirt CLI client, virsh, I receive this error message:

virsh: /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libvirt.so.0: version `LIBVIRT_PRIVATE_9.0.0' not found (required by virsh)

The Fedora package libvirt-libs 9.0.0 states that it provides libvirt.so.0(LIBVIRT_PRIVATE_9.0.0)(64bit), so I'm not sure why the Debian package wouldn't be the same way, or why virt-manager works but virsh does not.

I just filed a bug (that was my time using the Debi an bug tracking system). Is anyone aware of a workaround for this bug until it is fixed?

--
Respectfully,
Sean Whalen