Re: EPSON ET M 1120 new printer: If You can read this, youareusingthe wrong driver

On 5/16/23 10:28, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 10:20:38AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
On 5/16/23 10:03, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 9:59 AM gene heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
Couple that with my recent discovery that debian seems to be shipping
the cups from apple, last updated by its author in 2019. The new cups
site, openprinting.org copy's src cups-master.zip is about 2.5 times the
size of the debian src, and it builds on bullseye with only one option
to "./configure with-tls=no" (presumably because debian doesn't have
libtls, I couldn't find it)

libtls is part of libressl from the OpenBSD folks. See, for example,
https://github.com/bob-beck/libtls/blob/master/TUTORIAL.md .

Thanks Jeff, but it does not appear in synaptic here on a bullseye install.
should I add another repo?  That's scary. I only do that on my buster
machines to add the linuxcnc buildbot because I run master on my machines.

Debian provides OpenSSL (libssl-dev or the older libssl1.0-dev) and GnuTLS
(libgnutls28-dev).  Chances are, at least one of these will work.

gnutls28-dev worked, all tests pass. thanks Greg. How do I now make installable deb's? I think I have dh installed.

Most projects that want TLS support are developed around OpenSSL, so
you should try that first.  Or, read the project's INSTALL or README
files and see what it says to use.

.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)