Re: Error Messages

Thanks for all the replies to the Error Messages.

I don't know how you find which disk is referred to by ata5.

I think dm-0 is a reference to a Raid setup.

Other information about my hardware and rebooting :-

I have two 1 TB hard drives arranged as a RAID 1 array.

The power supply :-

Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX

About 18 months old.

Motherboard BIOS :-

Someone else was checking the BIOS. They said it was a Beta version. I discovered my RYZEN 5 5600x is the stepping 0
version of the CPU.

Ram :-

I don't know the make of the Ram - someone built the PC for me.

16GB DDR4-3200MHz RAM  (2 x 8GB sticks, I understand

Reboots :-

Subsequent to those error messages, I tried a reboot.

This failed :-

The reboot error says:

  /dev/mapper/vgpiglit-root contains a file system with errors, check
forced.
   Inodes that were a part of a corrupted orphan linked lost found.
   /dev/mapper/vgpiglit-root : UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck
manually.(i.e .,
   without -a or -p options). fsck exited with status code 4. The root
   filesystem on /dev/mapper/vgpiglit-root requires a manual fsck

There is then a flashing prompt after "(initramfs)".

The fsck command was then performed :-

fsck  -y  /dev/mapper/vgpiglit-root

A subsequent reboot worked.

Firefox then had a very lengthy cursor lag, but this was solved by deleting the places and favicons data in the Firefox profile.

No more error messages yet.