Re: A hypervisor for a headless server?

On 02 Jun 2023 14:31, Michael Stone wrote:
I don't recommend xen for new projects. It has more pieces and tends to be more fragile than qemu+kvm, for no real benefits these days. (IMO)

Define "more pieces" and "more fragile" ?
It has a really low TCB and still used by amazon for their cloud.

I would recommend Xen.
It's better security-wise than KVM, is ultra stable, and easy to use.
I run Linuxes, BSDs and Windows as domUs (PCI passthrough, etc).
Plus it doesn't pull hundreds of dependencies.
You don't even need qemu if running fully virtualized guests (PV/PVH).