Re: need nano like editor that can print

> An simple non-x editor like nano that can print thru cups.
> Is there such a critter?

Emacs works in a tty (i.e. "non-x") and I'm sure it can do that.
Whether it counts as "simple", is another question, of course.

More generally, I'd expect pretty much all non-toy editors to offer
a way to pass the current text to a shell command of your choice

E.g. in Zile you can do:

    C-x h                       # Select the whole current text
    M-| lpr -Pmyprinter         # pass it to `lpr`

-- Stefan