Re: exim - bad file descriptor

Le 5 juin 2023 Steve a écrit :

> Merci pour ton aide Michel.

De rien :) Let's continue in english for the list

> log_file_path = /var/log/exim4/%slog
> log_selector = +smtp_protocol_error +smtp_syntax_error +tls_certificate_verified +tls_peerdn

exim writes directly to the logfiles. If you get the error almost every
day it can be because of the rotation.

I don't know it exim provide a reload command, so try

systemctl reload exim4-base

it should be exim4-base but if the service is not found type exim and TAB
to find the actual service name

if it fails try

systemctl restart exim4-base

if one succeed without message and with code 0, add in
/etc/logrotate.d/exim4-base and /etc/logrotate.d/exim4-paniclog

    postrotate
    systemctl <reload|restart> exim4-base
    endscript

if you add reload but still get the error try restart, I don't know if
the reload free the files