Re: Firefox resource utilization (was Re: A case for supporting antiquated hardware, was Re: A hypervisor for a headless server?)

On Mon, Jun 05, 2023 at 05:59:11PM -0400, Celejar wrote:

[...]

> The only case I can see in which such offloading would
> be unethical is where the website operator is somehow engaging in
> deceptive behavior, but assuming it is not [...]

A pretty strong assumption given that the crushing maturity of
the internet is fuelled by the ad industry, which, barred some
exceptions, can be characterised as "deception for hire".

Cheers