Re: Firefox resource utilization (was Re: A case for supporting antiquated hardware, was Re: A hypervisor for a headless server?)

On 4/6/23 14:32, Max Nikulin wrote:

I believe, web site creators should be blamed more aggressively than browser developers for RAM requirements of contemporary web applications.

That was the point that I was making - I had not, as a twisted response indicated, criticised Firefox regarding the misuse of resources - I explicitly referred to malignant web application developers (for those that do not understand the term, a web application is the application, on the web application hosting server, that the user accesses, using a web browser, not the web browser itself) that steal users' resources using client-side processing (by using malware such as javascript using client side processing), rather than properly and ethically using server-side processing, such as .jsp or Perl .cgi applications.

The problem is that some web developers (and, especially, their employers) offload the processing that should be done on the business web application hosting server, to the victim users' personal computers. It is a malignant exploitation, like the "gig economy".

..
Bret Busby
Armadale
West Australia