Re: Intermittent WiFi on Network Manager

On 10/7/23 05:17, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
Am 05/10/2023 um 09:41 schrieb Timothy M Butterworth:
Hello,

I am running Debian 12.  I have noticed for a little while now that WiFi is
intermittent. It goes through cycles of deactivation and activation. It
does this on multiple WiFi networks so I know it is not an AP problem.

I have network-manager/stable,now 1.42.4-1 amd64 installed.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks

Tim

I am on Debian 11 but I have a similar problem.

Have you tried adding:

options iwlwifi bt_coex_active=0 swcrypto=1 11n_disable=8

/etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf

and reboot?

Fingers crossed, it seems to improve my situation a bit.

Another possibility is a leaky microwave oven in the vicinity. As broadcasters, we are required to show that our transmitters are safe for the operating personnel and are required to survey the area around the transmitter as safe for people to be in for extended periods of time, so we have to measure the leakage with a calibrated meter at license renewal every 5 years. So I rented the metering device and when I was done was instructed to ship it to another instate station which I did. He got it, unpacked it and carried it to the break room to study the instructions. Someone came in to warm up a cuppa and the microwave 10 feet away set it off well beyond the alarm trigger level. The door hinges were worn so the door was about 1/16" from properly closing. A rental oven, it was replaced by lunch time, with one that didn't leak.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis