Re: Qt6 Location for Debian 12

Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 11. Oktober 2023, 19:00:19 CEST schrieb Patrick Franz:
> Hej,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 11. Oktober 2023, 16:52:24 CEST schrieb Petric Frank:
> > Hello,
> >
> > is there a *.deb for Qt6 Location (-dev) module ?
> >
> > I have seen there is one for Qt6 Positioning in the stable repository
> > but i miss the above one.
> >
> > Or do i have to compile the Qt6 system myself ?
>
> There is no Location module for Qt 6.4. It never existed. However, it
> got reintroduced as a tech preview for 6.5.

I got a hint on a git project where Qt6Location was compiled for older Qt
Versions (< 6.5):
  https://github.com/ntadej/qtlocation

Maybe the 6.4.2 release of it could be a candidate for being repackaged as
*.deb ?

He made also a Qt Location plugin for maplibre-native-qt (open source fork/
rewrite of mapbox gl). It can be used accessing a versatiles mapping server.