Re: Bookworm: NetworkManager

On Sat, Oct 21, 2023 at 01:08:58PM -0400, Pocket wrote:

> On 10/21/23 12:49, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 21, 2023 at 12:23:45PM -0400, Pocket wrote:
> > > I want NetworkManager to not over write /etc/resolv.conf
> > https://wiki.debian.org/resolv.conf
> >
> openresolv or resolvconf is not installed
>
> no dhcp client is running only networkmanager is installed/running
>
> making /etc/resolv.conf immutable is not the answer

If you're asking us to tell you how to *make NetWorkManager behave*
then you might be frustrated.  Most of the people on this mailing list
don't use it.  There are some who actively despise it, and go out of
their way to ensure it's never installed.  (Those people are a small
minority, but they're definitely here.)  So, in all likelihood, nobody
here might know that answer.

If you believe NM is not behaving according to its documentation, then
file a bug report.

If you want to *solve your problem* then I've offered you the only
answers I know.

So I guess you get to decide whether you'd prefer to solve your problem,
or battle the injustices of the world as you perceive them.