Re: touchpad buttons sometimes stop working for several seconds

On 01/11/2023 00:53, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
I have a new laptop. An issue I have is that the touchpad buttons often stop working for several seconds (under X11).

Can you move cursor during these periods?

KDE has the "disable touchpad when typing" feature (likely a kded5 plugin exposed as D-Bus /modules/kded_touchpad object). In your case

libinput Disable While Typing Enabled (361):    1

I have heard about palm detection, but I am unsure if it is implemented in firmware or in some user space daemons.

Are there any suspicious log entries in "journalctl --user" and "journalctl --system" output?