Re: How to install Sid with non-free firmware for wifi?

On Wed, Nov 01, 2023 at 09:11:45AM -0500, David Wright wrote:
> On Wed 01 Nov 2023 at 14:42:17 (+0100), Martin wrote:
> > >From above outut i figure out my adapter is:
> > Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0cf3:9271 Qualcomm Atheros Communications AR9271 802.11n
>
> I would have thought you'd have firmware-ath9k-htc installed to
> run that device. You could download it from:
>   https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=firmware&searchon=names&suite=sid&section=all
> by means of your old installation if necessary.
>
>   Package firmware-ath9k-htc
>     sid (unstable) (misc): firmware for AR7010 and AR9271 USB wireless adapters
>     1.4.0-108-gd856466+dfsg1-1.4: all

This driver is also included inside of cdrom immage I use to start installation.
So I do not understand why it does not initiaze my wifi USB automaticaly?

(Also I forgot to include that I have this driver installed on my current machine
in the first email I included list of firmares - only this one was missed -
perhaps because it is in misc/main group in aptitude and not in kernel/non-free-firmware)

Martin