Re: How to get VMware Player going on Debian 12 bookworm

On 5 Nov 2023 10:56 +0100, from andreas@xss.co.at (Andreas Haumer):
>> PPS: If VMware isn't a good choice, would there be a better VM
>> supervisor I could use?  If so, can you point me to a set of
>> instructions for it?
>
> To answer just these questions only: take a look at kvm/qemu and
> the virt-manager GUI.

Yes, definitely look at KVM/QEMU. "Better" is subjective but certainly
one huge advantage of KVM over almost anything else is that it's
already there in the kernel, and you pretty much just need to install
the tools to manage it. VirtualBox, VMWare and others require adding
third-party software, which can easily break with a kernel upgrade.

--
Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”