Re: limit on attachment in mail to list

On 11/10/23 13:26, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

You don't know what happened afterwards. Perhaps your provider threw
it away silently. Perhaps the bounce message itself got lost.

I see you are @outlook.com. This is an... idiosyncratic provider: they
invent strange rules "to protect you" (in reality rather to protect
their business model). Perhaps they bounce the bounce message (Microsoft
is like that) and then you'll never know your mail got lost.

As things stand I trust the Debian mail admins more than the Outlook
ones to play by the rules [1]. Much, much more.

Cheers

[1] one basic rule of mail is that, when you've accepted one you
    are responsible for it.

Thank tomas!

my experience with mail providers are limited

i won't investigate further (send big mail thru other mail provider) as this isn't big issue for me and my time/energy is limited

how do you defend debian's vagueness that Large attachments are discouraged?

definition of large might change as network connection and storage device become cheap. this might seem naive as admin face malicious attack. there might be other considerations

after all debian list and outlook are free