Re: Network Problem: Redirection

> > > # For the benefit of virtual machines.
> > > 192.168.100.12 apt-proxy
> > > 192.168.122.1 samba samba.localdomain
> >
> > And that's where it came from (/etc/hosts).  If this IP address is
> > wrong, then it shouldn't be in here.
>
> Gnrrr. It's right for the virtual network (192.168.122.0). But
> shouldn't that work even if it isn't the "right" address?

Well, we don't know what's "right" or "wrong" on your networks.  These
are private (non-routable) addresses with no meaning to anyone but you
and your fellow network denizens.

If you need different name resolution depending on whether you're
running on the host vs. running on the guest, then I would imagine there
is some well-known way to define that.  Perhaps a different hosts file
that's only used by guests?  I don't know virtualization stuff well.