Re: what keyboard do you use?

On Fri 02 Feb 2024 at 20:25:09 (-0500), Lee wrote:
> I bought a Dell desktop in 2019 and the keyboard just died :(
>
> ssh in from another machine & do a 'sudo reboot now' and get an alert
> about 'Keyboard not found.'  on power up.  The keyboard also doesn't
> work in another machine so it's really & truly dead.
>
> I figure there's a high percentage of keyboard jockeys here so ..
> which keyboard do you like and why?
>
> I have a Logitech k740 attached to my Windows machine which is ok.
> Not great but OK.
> I found a spare Logitech k120 keyboard in the closet; its better than
> nothing but too thick for regular use.
> And the old Dell keyboard from the Windows machine - also too thick,
> the keys are too cramped and lettering has worn off on about 1/4 of
> the keys (which is why I got the Logitech 740)

Most of the time I use a Logitech K520, bought with a unified mouse,
though I use it with a wired optical mouse. We have another K520 and
a K540, also with mice, though the mice are scattered around. The
540 says Logitech Europe, though it's a US layout like the rest.

I also have an M 1391406 keyboard from 1988, with a GB layout, so
it's got 102 keys. I use it on a 2011 Dell tower (which has PS/2
connectors), paired with a 20-year old Logitech Pilot 3-button.

In a cupboard we've also got a couple of MS Internet Pros (US) and
a Viglen (GB), all USB wired. I don't like their touch.

Cheers,
David.