Re: Copy from Firefox and paste into Terminal with Vim

On 06/02/2024 13:28, David Christensen wrote:
On 2/5/24 19:03, Max Nikulin wrote:
    xclip -o -selection PRIMARY
    xclip -o -selection CLIPBOARD

That is useful.

I expected that you would try both commands when vim is unable to paste. It would allow to discriminate whether it is Firefox or Vim issue.

If I start Firefox, browse to https://www.toyota.com/dealers, select the
the first dealer contents, start Vim, press and release the double-quote key, press and release the asterisk key, and press and release the p key, Vim inserts a blank line.

What is the effect of ["], [+], [p] keystrokes?

or C-R* in insert mode.

I do not understand your notation:

     C-R*

[Ctrl+R], [*] or [Ctrl+R], [+]

    :help i_CTRL-R

... Ctrl+Shift+V

I was trying to recommend against it, despite currently bracketed paste is enabled by default in BASH.

https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/39118/how-can-i-protect-myself-from-this-kind-of-clipboard-abuse

As to vim docs

    :help gui-selection
    :help quoteplus