Re: Copy from Firefox and paste into Terminal with Vim

On 07/02/2024 19:19, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Tue, Feb 06, 2024 at 11:02:09PM -0800, David Christensen wrote:
* Pressing " then + then p seems to paste from the default Vim buffer --
what I seem to recall being referred to as the "yank buffer" (?).

* Pressing " then * then p seems to paste from the default Vim buffer.

These are the same results that I had.  You're most likely running a
vim package built without the full suite of GUI options, just like I am.

Only vim.gtk3 and vim.motif support PRIMARY selection and CLIPBOARD registers (you do not need to run gvim). There is no support in vim.tiny, vim.basic (package "vim"), vim.nox. They are built from the same source package with different configure options. It seems neovim (different project) require an external tool for clipboard.