Problems with `pactl' after replacing pulseaudio with pipewire

In order to have my headset bluetooth microphone detected by Debian 12 I
removed pulseaudio and in its place installed pipewire.  Only, since then, when
I do

 $ pactl load-module module-loopback latency_msec=5

a terrible continuous noise comes up, and besides when I do

 $ pactl exit

I get the error message `exit failure: connection refused'.  I searched around
but didn't find so far any solution.  Please help whoever can.

Thanks in advance,

Rodolfo