Re: Things I don't touch with a 3.048m barge pole: USB storage (Was Re: Unidentified subject!)

On 2/8/24 16:16, Andy Smith wrote:
On Thu, Feb 08, 2024 at 03:56:19PM -0500, Gremlin wrote:
On 2/8/24 15:43, Andy Smith wrote:
I wouldn't have much issue with taking a USB drive out of its caddy
to get the SATA drive from inside, except that it would have to be
an amazingly good deal to make it worth voiding the warranty, so I
generally wouldn't bother.

Why would it void the warranty?  I put it in the caddy

I mean the USB drives that come as a sealed unit that you can
sometimes find a lot cheaper than the same model SATA drive that is
actually inside them. Some people do enjoy taking those apart to get
the SATA drive out.

Thanks,
Andy

On Thu, Feb 08, 2024 at 08:43:17PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> I really do mean all forms of USB that come over a USB port.

That line was meant to read

    I really do mean all forms of storage that come over a USB port.

Thanks,
Andy

Changing the goal post now are we.....