Re: Home UPS recommendations (Was Re: rsync --delete vs rsync --delete-after)

hw wrote:
> On Fri, 2024-02-09 at 06:44 -0500, Dan Ritter wrote:
> > hw wrote:
> > > That sucks.  I didn't know that they don't stand behind their
> > > products, and it makes APC not recommendable any longer.
> > >
> > > What other manufacturers could we buy UPSs from?
> >
> > Liebert at the high end, CyberPower at the low end.
>
> I've never heard of Liebert, they are rather expensive.  Cyberpower
> seems to be cheap.
>
> Are they any good, and how is the battery availability?  Can they even
> be monitored?

Liebert is very good, and -- as you said -- expensive. If you
are outfitting a datacenter, they are usually on the list.

Cyberpower is reasonably reliable; the batteries can be found
online. They are USB connected devices readable by NUT.

Some selected stats:

battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 20
battery.runtime: 3060
battery.runtime.low: 300
battery.type: PbAcid
battery.voltage: 24.0
battery.voltage.nominal: 24
device.mfr: CPS
device.model: CST135XLU
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.version: 2.8.0
driver.version.data: CyberPower HID 0.6
driver.version.internal: 0.47
driver.version.usb: libusb-1.0.26 (API: 0x1000109)
input.voltage: 121.0
input.voltage.nominal: 120
output.voltage: 121.0
ups.beeper.status: enabled